The start of a new year may bring a new resolve to exercise more, eat healthy, and be better with your money. If you’re considering a big-ticket purchase in 2020, when you buy could save you a significant amount of money! We checked with several sources to find the best times to buy to get the best deals.
- Fitness equipment. Retailers know all about your New Year’s Resolution, and they want to entice you with good sales on fitness apparel and equipment.
- Bedding/linens. There are “white sales” in January with bargains to be had on comforters, sheets, and towels.
- TVs. The Super Bowl is February 2 this year, and there are always great deals on those big-screens you’ve been dreaming about!
- Home goods/apparel. Presidents Day is February 17, with many retailers offering nice discounts.
- Grills. Beat the summer rush and get your new gas grill or smoker now to avoid the spike in prices when the temperature heats up!
- Vacuum cleaners. Look for deals to coincide with your spring cleaning!
- Lawn mowers. Your favorite home/garden store will likely have good deals on this major purchase.
- Furniture. Memorial Day is May 25 and many furniture stores will offer blockbuster deals!
- Gym memberships. Fitness buffs usually ditch the indoor gyms in favor of running, cycling, and swimming outside, so watch for signup deals!
- Small electronics. In recent years, retailers have added Black Friday in July sales. You can surf the ads for discounts on everything from blenders to coffeemakers!
- School supplies. Crayons, paper, and pencils may not seem like big-ticket items, but they really add up!
- Snow blowers/lawn mowers. Seasonal outdoor equipment will be on sale. It’s the tail end of the summer mowing season, and (hopefully) several months until you’ll need a snowblower, but now is the time to buy!
- Appliances. Labor Day is September 7, and there will be great sales on both big and small appliances.
- iPhones. Apple tends to unveil new models in September, so prices could drop on the “old” ones.
- New cars. New models start arriving in September. Buying a new vehicle from the current model year instead of the new model year could potentially save you thousands of dollars.
- Outdoor furniture. Inventory could be low, but you could also score great deals as the weather starts to cool down.
- Electronics/home appliances. Black Friday will be November 27 this year, and there will be sales and deals on just about everything!
- Toys/gifts. If you don’t find what you’re looking for on Black Friday, Cyber Monday is November 30!
- The same discounts may apply throughout the month for electronics, home appliances, and toys.
- Christmas decorations. Starting December 26, expect deep discounts on artificial trees, decor, and more!
Sources: Marketwatch, Consumer Reports, Kelley Blue Book, Lifehacker, Deal News